Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Descartes " radical reconstruction of knowledge"

Descartes was undertaken to reveal uncertainties and establish self-evident truths that could never be doubted. before arguing for the existence of God, Descartes asserted that the only thing one can know for certain is that one exist as a thinking thing; he said "I think, therefore I am"



Is there anything you can know for certain? Is there any possibility that your belief is false or any circumstances in which you could be proven wrong? Reality exists, but by Descartes' criteria, what justifiation do you have for believing in it?

There is one thing that cannot be doubted and it's itself. It is rationalized to where knowledge starts from the mind to the body and the body is influence to the mind. We know for certain that the ideas are things that cannot be touch but if you put work into it you can achieve them. For example, I want to make a party therefore I developed an idea. I need to call my friends, buy the food, and set up the tables. So first I thought of plan and then I did a concrete action. We refer these things as things already seen. In that case, I can do them and think of it, so I exist. These are things that will allow us to make action of. Another, illustration is we know that we are conscious of what we are Theories are good for us, but you cannot apply all the theories in your life or take it as scientific evidence. For instance, Rene Descartes was a mathematician, his theories can apply to counting, but this does not apply to human beings because we are not numbers. His theories can help the development of human because our life is based on math. Basing your life of the theories of Rene Descartes can't be the only thing we have to keep as an only theory. We go out and find more theories.

Opinions: comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment